fbpx

Reply: Recommendations on my method of study?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Recommendations on my method of study?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 8 months ago #11106

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Matt,

Your study method should include a number of comprehensive sources to include the PrepCast, books, exam simulators, flash cards, and videos. I've written a small e-book about it if you care to take a look: www.amazon.com/Setting-Your-Exam-Study-P...rds=steven+mudrinich .

I studied about three months nearly every day and walked out of the exam with 4 P's and one MP. Hard work and dedication will pay off. Good luck!

- Steven
6 years 8 months ago #11101

Ahmed Amin

I Agree with Mark that you have good resources and approach, My only advise is you need to follow a faster pace, 5-7 hours is slow and will take you long time to finish your plan.
my plan was 2 hours in workdays, 4 hours in weekend days total of 18 hours
6 years 8 months ago #11098

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Matt,

You method of study seems reasonable to me. I realize that PMBOK is very dry but remember that the exam is based on PMBOK. Using other study resources like Rita and PM PrepCast will be a good addition. Eventually you will want to use the PM Exam Simulator. It will be critical to complete as many complete 4 hour exams as possible before doing the real thing. The PM Exam Simulator will help you to build your understanding and knowledge but also help to train you for the marathon of the exam which is very important. Keep it up and be consistent in your study habits. I am sure it will not be long before you are posting your lessons learned to the forum.

Cheers,

Mark
6 years 8 months ago #11077

Matt Evans

I'm spending about 5-7 hours a week, usually Monday - Thurs (weekend time if I can).

I started with the PMBOK, but found it fairly boring after a few weeks. I subscribed to the PMP prep cast, so now I'm following along with the book and prepcast together, taking notes. I just received Rita's book a few days.

My plan is to do the chapters together, maybe PMBOK guide while watching Prepcast, then following it up with Rita's book. Then do that for each chapter until I'm done. Then get a simulator and study more accordingly. Right now only at chapter 5 of PMBOK guide, so have a while to go.

What do you guys think of my method of study? I just applied for the application to take the test, but I don't want to run out of time before they change the test for 2018. I'm hoping I'm ready I'm ready to take the test in 4 months, just in case I don't pass, I have a few months to try again.

What do you guys think? Any recommendations of the way I should be, or not be studying?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login