fbpx

Reply: Can BP also pass PMP?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can BP also pass PMP?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11062

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Puneet,

Yes, if you score a BP, theoretically you can still pass the exam as a passing score is based on the totality of all 200 questions answered correctly. It is unlikely though.

- Steven
6 years 9 months ago #11061

Michael DeCicco

The best advice is to think positive. When you study and practice, if you're averaging 80% and showing fairly level scores across the knowledge areas, that is your indicator to meet proficiency.
6 years 9 months ago #11055

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Puneet,

I have seen some posts online (such as this one ) which claim to have evidence of people scoring BP in multiple groups and still passing the exam. Since PMI is rather tight-lipped on the subject, it leaves plenty of room for speculation among PMPs and aspirants as to how badly we can do and still pass. I don't doubt that it's possible to have a BP or two and still pass, but I'm not clear how knowing that would have changed my approach to preparing for the exam. I would never have sat for the test feeling certain that I was BP in any category.

Tracy
6 years 9 months ago #11033

Puneet Maheshwari

Hi

Can one get below proficient in any one or two Process Group and still pass pmp?

If NO does that means there is very less margin of error for smaller groups like initiating and closing?

Thanks
Puneet

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login