fbpx

Reply: How to earn and claim PMI PDUs?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to earn and claim PMI PDUs?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11020

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Nitesh,

Although you only submitted 10 PDUs for your current cycle, it looks like you have done quite a bit in terms of earning your PDUs. I will try and guide you, but the final responsibility to decide how to claim your PDUs lies with you. Therefore, please download the PMI CCRS Handbook www.project-management-prepcast.com/ccrshb and review all the various categories in which you can earn your PDUs. This is especially important because once your new cycle begins, you are going to have to follow the new minimum requirements as outline on page 5 at the bottom. Right now you don't have to worry about those, but next time you have to. So it's important that you understand what minimums you have to have in order to plan your future training activities to earn your PDUs.

Here are my thoughts on what you can earn:

3 years practitioner - i have worked as Project Manager during entire cycle of 3 years - how many pdus i can claim?

8 PDUs -- See page 13

ITIL course- completed my ITIL course that gives 16 pdus - which category i can claim these?
Professional course - I have also done 15 hours of a professional certificate course online - Leadership from XLRI

Both are "Course or Training" that you can find on page 11 top. Please make sure that you only report PDUs for those portions of the course that are about project management. For example, many ITIL courses will include a module on "Designing the Service Solution". This is not related to project management and you cannot claim PDUs for this. So you must calculate how many hours from each course are on project management and then you can claim 1 PDU per hour.

Elearning courses - I have taken a few elearning courses - should be more than 20 hours

This is "Online or Digital Media". Page 12 top. Again, you can only claim PDUs for those courses/hours that relate to project management.

Plus read books, ebooks, articles, youtube learning videos, also have educated people on project management best practices.

This is "Read" on page 12 middle. Again, you can only claim PDUs for those books/hours that relate to project management.
Again please remember that this is only my guidance. You have read and understand the categories yourself and decide into which category an activity will fall. So please review the handbook so you understand the rules.
6 years 9 months ago #11019

Nitesh Srivastava

's Avatar

Dear Mr Cornelius,

I am looking to submit my PDUs for this cycle ending in Aug 14th 2017. I have been able to claim only 10 pdus yet. Please guide me ways to get it.

3 years practitioner - i have worked as Project Manager during entire cycle of 3 years - how many pdus i can claim?

ITIL course- completed my ITIL course that gives 16 pdus - which category i can claim these?

Professional course - I have also done 15 hours of a professional certificate course online - Leadership from XLRI

Elearning courses - I have taken a few elearning courses - should be more than 20 hours

Plus read books, ebooks, articles, youtube learning videos, also have educated people on project management best practices.

Kindly help to claim my pdus.

thanks & regards,
Nitesh

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login