fbpx

Reply: Question Regarding HR Develop Project Team Outputs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question Regarding HR Develop Project Team Outputs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11064

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Dana,

An easy way to think about it is that EEAs are things outside of the project's control such as regulations, laws, etc while OPAs are things inside the project or project organization's scope of influence such as templates, lessons learned databases, etc. Thinking of it as macro vs micro could cause you unnecessary confusion on test day.

- Steven
6 years 9 months ago #11029

John Wolverton

Dana, If that's the only question you have going into the test tomorrow you should be ok. I didn't use this distinction at all during my test and was fine. Sidenote: I did find a White Paper I like based on your question www.mosaicprojects.com.au/WhitePapers/WP1026_EEF_OPA.pdf
However, I would just stick to the PMBOK Guide explanation of EEF and OPA.
Best Wishes
Jfw
6 years 9 months ago #11018

Dana M. Anderson

Hi. I think I'm following directions to publish this question here. I initially sent it to Dan Ryan, the greatest Study Coach on this planet and he suggested I share my confusion. (P.S. I have received a reply, but I still don't seem to get it)

Here's the (updated) question:

I have read it over and over again, asked other students, but I still can`t wrap my head around understanding how documents regarding personnel administration, training records and skill assessments once updated are EEFs.
To me, they are OPAs.
Can you shed some light
?

It was suggested is look at EEFs as macro assets and OPAs as micro assets and I think I can change that mindset provided I stop thinking of OPAs as internal documents, templates, etc. and EEFs as external conditions (e.g., labor / zoning laws, cultural requirements, etc.)

Should I consider EEFs to be macro actions, occurring as a result of an external condition?
Am I overcomplicating this?

Hoping tomorrow is the day my PMP Certification knowledge blossoms, I remain,
Sincerely,
Dana

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login