fbpx

Reply: Pass mark required to pass the exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Pass mark required to pass the exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #10741

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

I don't think a direct comparison can be made. I have consistently seen people post on this forum that the Lehmann test is particularly hard and scoring lower on that seems to be pretty common. I am not sure about Rita's practice tests. I think your best strategy is to have a solid plan and stick to it. Always review the questions (both right and wrong answers) from every exam you take. I think I spent at least 2 hours going through the questions after each PrepCast exam and it was really valuable time spent. You should generally see some improvement as you progress through the exams. If not, then you should rethink your approach to preparing for the exams. Every person is different so there is no one size fits all approach. However, there are some good overall strategies that seem to work for many people. You might consider sharing your overall approach on this forum to solicit additional feedback and advice.

Cheers,

Mark
6 years 9 months ago #10739

Mfanafuthi Maxwell Msomi

I have used other material such as exam simulators by Rita and Oliver Lehmann, with scores ranging from 70% - 80%. Is it recommended or not to compare the material?

Kind Regards
6 years 9 months ago #10738

Mfanafuthi Maxwell Msomi

Thanks Mark
6 years 9 months ago #10736

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Mfanafuthi,

Nobody except PMI knows what the passing score is for the actual exam or for each process group.

With the percentage scores you listed, I would strongly recommend that you continue your preparation and work to improve your scores before taking the actual exam. It is recommended that you score 85% on the practice exams as an indicator that you are prepared for the actual exam. Utilize the statistics provided from the PM Exam Simulator to help identify your weak areas and then focus a study plan around those. Each practice exam you take should be followed by a thorough review of your exam results (both correct and incorrect answers) along with a study period before taking any subsequent exams. There are really two major components or challenges to passing the exam. 1) Knowing the material well and 2) Developing a strategy / training yourself to endure the 4 hour exam marathon.

Keep working at it. You can do it. Continue to reach out on this forum with questions. I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Mark
6 years 9 months ago #10729

Mfanafuthi Maxwell Msomi

Good day

Is the exam scored by the number of BPs, Ps and MPs one gets at the end of the exam or are the candidates scored by overall score of the exam? I've been told the minimum score fro each process group is 75% to pass the exam. If one has taken four practice exams with results of 71%, 74%, 73% and 69% overall test marks, does it prove insufficient preparation for the real exam?

Is it compulsory to get only MPs and MBs without Bs? If so, for which process groups is compulsory to get either MP or P?

Kindly advise

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login