fbpx

Reply: PMP Study Guide/Tips - Exam End of July

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Study Guide/Tips - Exam End of July

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 10 months ago #10684

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Jolene,

You may also want to browse through the Lessons Learned . Many people have documented their approach and you may find some helpful tips there.

Best of luck!

Tracy
6 years 10 months ago #10675

Kevin Nason

Jolene

If it is the same exam simulator that i got from the Prepcast site, then you can take Quizzes, and full test exams. I remember you when you take quizzes you can decide on the number of questions you want to take for that quiz. What I do not remember is if you can choose the KA you want to focus on. The simulator does provide analytics after each quiz and exam around the KA and how you did.

When I prepared, I did 4 full exams and many quizzes of various lengths. I always reviewed the questions at the end of each quiz or practice exam and plotted the KA's I needed to review. About a month out, I took a 20 question quiz every day just to get my head around the question format and I think that is what helped me the most. I would take them during lunch at work and review them at night in more detail. If I was low in an area, or if a question stumped me I took out my Rita book and the PMBOK to review the topic.

I hope the helps!

Kevin
6 years 10 months ago #10674

Cornelius Fichtner

Jolene,

You have a ton of options in regards to how you want to use the simulator. You can take a full exam or only 20 questions at random. Or you can pick questions just from one of the Domains or from one of the Knowledge Areas. Or just those questions you previously answered incorrectly.

Please visit this page here for the details:
www.pm-exam-simulator.com/features/51-three-exam-modes
6 years 10 months ago #10673

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Kevin,

Yes I am but more so for reference. I've been through it 3 times already. I do also have the exam simulator, haven't started the tests there yet. Are they only full exams or can I break up by KA or Chapter?

Thanks,
Jolene
6 years 10 months ago #10671

Kevin Nason

Jolene

Are you reading the PMBOK as well? I am not sure based on your post. Along with this if you are not using the Exam Simulator that compliments the Prepcast, I would strongly recommend you look into this. The Exam Simulator was a life savor to me when I was prepping for the exam.

Good luck

Kevin
6 years 10 months ago #10670

Jolene

's Avatar

Hi,

I am looking for any thoughts on how to get best prepared for my exam in July. Right now I am going through the Prepcast course chapter by chapter, reading Rita's book and then taking exams at the end of each chapter. Once I finish a chapter I review the exam questions I miss and then move on to the next chapter. I want to be done with the book and courses at least a month before my exam so I can focus on taking tests and following up on anything that I am weak in.

What has helped everyone else?

Thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login