fbpx

Reply: Need help in filling the application form

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need help in filling the application form

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10422

Pank

's Avatar

Thanks Mark,

I will be filling the form while taking caring your suggestion, hoping for the best :)
6 years 11 months ago #10392

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Pank,

Yes, you are a Web Developer but you need to be able to define your role as either a Project Manager or Project Leader or possibly Lead Web Developer. You must demonstrate to PMI that you managed or led the projects you use in your application and you must be able to back that up with references and your involvement. Above all, you must be ethical in describing your role in the projects.

I would not just use the same descriptions for all projects. Every project is unique and surely there were some differences in the way the projects were managed or in how risks were mitigated, work was performed etc... Your example description is fine. Remember that the description must be 550 characters or less. The "role" does not need to be part of the description itself since there is a separate field for your role in the application itself.

Hope this helps.

Mark
7 years 11 hours ago #10371

Pank

's Avatar

Hello All,

I have planned to go for PMP, I have been working as web developer past 7 years.

I am bit confused with application form, I have below doubts

- Project Role - What it should be? I am a web developer, is it okay to choose other and mention the same? as being web developer on all the projects I have done all the process groups, but not sure how to explain this in application form?

- Project description : as most of the projects are related to websites so they share same description, is it okay to repeat the same on each of projects?

Below is the one I used for a project

Project Objective:To develop a client friendly website using CMS so client can update content easily.
Role: Developer of the Project (CMS website)
IN: Developed project charter, Identified & informed stakeholders
PL: Created Project plan, Project Scope, Delivery plan, WBS
EX: Developed customized CMS as per requirements,implemented all the changes
MC: Aligned with QA team to ensure quality, checked project performance
CL: Feedback about project, performed final closure along with documents.

Outcome: CMS Website as per client need

Is above sufficient or need more details? can anybody share something?

- Audit What exactly is required if I get audited? confirmation from client/manager? do we need any documents, ETA anything?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login