fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Brain Dump allowed before test? Yes or No

Brain Dump allowed before test? Yes or No 6 years 11 months ago #10294

• Leo Spychalla
  • Leo Spychalla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I visited a Prometrics test center yesterday for a "test drive". I asked specifically if I could do a brain dump of equations on the paper they provided me before the test. They told me they prohibit this per instructions from PMI. What has been your experience regarding this?

The latest e-mail I received from PM PrepCast regarding test tips indicates that the brain dump is allowed, so I am seeking the current status on this.

It takes me between 8 - 10 min. to do the brain dump that I want to do. I am practicing to cut it down in time or trim it back. My test is scheduled for 4/27/17.

Brain Dump allowed before test? Yes or No 6 years 11 months ago #10295

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Leo, PMI Hqs recently modified the Brain Dump Rules. You have to wait until you actually press "start exam", which comes after your five minute tutorial slideshow. So the time you take writing your brain dump is time not answering questions. My advice, get your brain dump down to three minutes and practice once each morning and evening until you take the exam. You'll wind up memorizing your brain dump.
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator

Brain Dump allowed before test? Yes or No 6 years 11 months ago #10304

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
From my test experience, I was able to do my brain dump during the actual tutorial process. I'm not sure if thats because it was laxly moderated or not. Either way, it should only take you about two minutes to write it all down.

-Steven
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login