fbpx

Reply: Answering Questions on PMP exam " What should Project manager do next "

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Answering Questions on PMP exam " What should Project manager do next "

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10240

Ahmed Amin

Shaun,
the best reference that helped me out during my exam preparation is "ANNEX A1 THE STANDARD FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF A PROJECT" in the PMBOK Guide, along with "Module 03 - Processes, Process Groups and Knowledge Areas" in the PM PrepCast
6 years 11 months ago #10224

Shaun

's Avatar

Thank you both for your response. I understand what is happening in every process. I have memorized a quick summary about what the process is trying to implement. Would you please kindly recommend how to understand the process interactions you were referring to? Thanks
6 years 11 months ago #10216

Ahmed Amin

Hi Shaun,
such type of questions will be mostly situational, describing a scenario and you will have to choose what will be the best action to follow. if you understood the process interactions very well , you will be very happy encountering such questions.
6 years 11 months ago #10214

Max

's Avatar

Yes. This sort of questions is likely to be... the exam does not check memorisation of inputs/outputs rather you will be asked what should you do next.. you will be given various situations.. some are simpler, others are quite complex..
6 years 11 months ago #10206

Shaun

's Avatar

I wanted to enquire about questions on the PMP exam. I have read a lot of lessons learned and the vast majority seem to mention questions that ask "What should the Project Manager do Next". Are these questions able to be answered by following the process? For example.

The Project manager has created a scope management plan, what should the PM do next?
Answer" Collect Requirements.

I am sure the questions on the exam are more complex, but do you answer these questions by following the process?

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login