fbpx

Reply: What process creates the Change Managemen Plan as an output?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What process creates the Change Managemen Plan as an output?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10163

Sam Elg

the change management plan should be one of the first plans you developed in the project.
in the organization process assets you may find a template for this plan that you may tailor to match the project needs, and this template should include how organization identify, manage and control changes.
Moreover, it should include what kind of change control system, the organization used, and what procedures for approving and rejecting changes.
all this should be part of the PMIS as CCS is already a part of PMIS
we have to assume that a proper project management is already in place so the organization must have the above
7 years 15 hours ago #10153

Marc Rene Woerner

Thanks Ahmed but I was looking for the corresponding process which creates the Change Management Plan. Like the Scope Management Plan for example, is created in the Plan Scope Management process. It's confusing that there is no Plan Change Management process which output is the Change Management plan but it looks like that is the way it is.
7 years 1 day ago #10143

Ahmed Amin

it is the "Develop Project Management Plan" process. check section "4.2.3 Develop Project Management Plan: Outputs" in the PMBOK, the first output is the project management plan which contains all subsidiary plans including the change management plan.
7 years 1 day ago #10138

Marc Rene Woerner

Subject says it all.
When I browse through the PMBOK 5th. I don't see in what process the Change Management Plan gets created.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login