fbpx

Reply: Online application with PMI

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Online application with PMI

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 9 months ago #117

Harwinder Bhatia

Hello,

On top of what 'experts' have already mentioned, I would like to add that applicants usually use some sort of excel worksheet to document their hours, and then put them on the application form. One popular sample worksheet can be found here:

www.brisbin.name/worksheet/pmp_project_hrs_worksheet.xls

I believe Cornelius has his own version too, but I don't have that link handy.

Regards,
Harwinder
14 years 9 months ago #62

T Tran

Thanks for the link. It makes sense now.
14 years 9 months ago #61

T Tran

Thanks JD.
So I really need to sit down and tally up all of the hours, project by project. Thanks for your help...
14 years 9 months ago #58

Cornelius Fichtner

T,

I agree with everything that Jeff has said.

If you want to access the paper based application then you can find it here:

www.pmi.org/PDF/PMP%20Application%20Form.pdf

The PMI has hidden this "quite well" on their website.
14 years 9 months ago #57

JD Crump, PMP, ITIL-F

T Tran:

Please see my answers below:

1. For the job experience...do I need to describe my currently and past job description?

On your PMP Credential Application you will enter information in the Experience Verification Form - Part I, Part II and Part III one or more times in order to document the 7,500 (non-degree) or 4,500 (degreed) hours. These are based on 'projects' you have worked on. So, it is not like a resume where you enter job 1, job 2, job 3, etc. Depending on your own experiences you may have completed all the requirements while working with one employer.

2. For project management experience in hours...do I just fill out the online form by the projects I have worked on and then quantifying the hours?

Yes, you will be asked to enter the number of hours for each of the five process groups for each project you are using to document your experience.

3. Can I just give them the total project management experience hours?

You will have to enter the number of hours spent in each of the five process groups for each project. Also, for each project you will tally those numbers up from the process groups and include a total for each project.

3. Do they ask for how many projects I managed?

No, you will repeat the Experience Verification Form - Part I, Part II and Part III one or more times in order to document the 7,500 (non-degree) or 4,500 (degreed) hours.

4. What other types of info is needed to let them know about my experience and hours accumulated?

Too much to include here ... I would recommend you simply download a printable version of the application and then collect all the information together before starting the online application.

Best of luck!
14 years 9 months ago #56

T Tran

Does anyone know what types of experience info is required when filling out the online form?

For example:
1. For the job experience...do I need to describe my currently and past job description?

2. For project management experience in hours...do I just fill out the online form by the projects I have worked on and then quantifying the hours?

3. Can I just give them the total project management experience hours?

3. Do they ask for how many projects I managed?

4. What other types of info is needed to let them know about my experience and hours accumulated?

Thank you,
T

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login