Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Risk Quantitative Analysis discussion

Risk Quantitative Analysis discussion 2 years 6 months ago #9949

• Ha TR
  • Ha TR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to solve this question from HeadFirst Labs book, but I believe the answer the book is saying is incorrect. I think the answer should be a +30.7 and not -30.7, please let me know your thoughts on this:

Prob Imp
35% cost $48 to replace equipment
5% lose $750 in damage costs
15% save $800 in battery costs
10% cost $350 for last-minute rental

What is total EMV? The book says it should be a "-$30.70" and that if you add $30.7 to your budget you will account for risks? I am struggling with this, I think you should not reduce budget at all in this case since in fact you get a saving of $30.7 cumulative EMV of the risks. Let me know your thoughts please.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily RiveraMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login