fbpx

Reply: Reg Time Management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Reg Time Management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 1 month ago #9839

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Pavan,

I had a look at your sheet and here are my observations:
  • The good news is that even though you go above 1 min for some questions, it seems as though you're still compensating some of those by taking less than a minute for the others.
  • Assuming no review time, 200 questions in four hours would mean that you need to solve 50 questions each hour.
  • Except for the second set of 50 questions, you pretty much stuck to those rough milestones.
  • Which brings me to the final point - What is concerning is those 23 + 7 questions that are taking you 2-3 and 3-4 minutes respectively! You need to identify why that's happening. Is it because they are lengthy? Is it because they are complex? Are they coming from a particular topic? That's about 30 questions in total which should take you 30 minutes, but is actually taking you 1 hour 15 mins in total! And on top of it your accuracy is the lowest for these two sets of questions as compared to those wherein you take < 1 min or between 1-2 mins.

So we need to figure out what's happening for those 23+7 questions. Can you go back to analyse by looking at the questions and see what's the possible reasons why they are taking so long? It might take you 2-3 tests to get a pattern. You would need to develop a mental "cut-off" period and not let it go to 2-3 and definitely not let it go to 3-4 mins per questions, if you're unable to select an answer. Just mark it if you feel if it's going too long. But first we would need to know why that's happening for those particular sets of questions.
7 years 1 month ago #9828

Pavan Kumar

Hi Rahul,
Thanks for your reply. I am little worried with your suggestion since i could only answer around 100Questions below one min of time & some questions are consuming more than 2mins even 3mins. For an instance here with i am attaching Detailed report of Simulator exam-4. Please have a glance of it, it may help to give any other suggestions along with the previous suggestion.

File Attachment:

File Name: SelfEvalua...eet1.xls
File Size:66 KB
Attachments:
7 years 1 month ago #9825

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Pavan,

For your practise tests, try allocating your time. So for a four hour test with 200 questions plan to spend about 1 minute per question. If you cannot answer a question within this time, skip it and come back to it later. Set progress points at the beginning of the test and use them to monitor your progress, such as, know what question you should be answering at the 30-minute mark, 1 hour mark and so on. Another trick you could use for specifically lengthy questions is to first look at the answer options, so that you know what to focus on when you're reading the question.

Regarding your practise scores, I think they are fine. Just spend the remaining time focussing on the areas you're making mistakes, or try the time management tips I mentioned before to probably get few more of those questions right!

Hope this helps.
7 years 1 month ago #9820

Pavan Kumar

Dear Friends,
I have been practicing PMP Exam simulator and other full length exams from the past two weeks. I have scored 76%, 82%, 83.5% & 82% consequently in pmp exam simulator. My main concern is i couldn't complete the exam before 4hrs and not having room for review. Every time at the end of 200th question i found only 1min extra time hardly. Even some of the lengthy questions, i couldn't able read fully. As a way of answering those questions i am reading the last few lines of the questions and going for the better option. After reviewing at he end of exam, i came to a conclusion that i could answer correctly at-least 5 questions more if i could able to manage the time. So if could answer those questions correctly i can improve my percentage to 85%. These 5 questions are answered wrong because of insufficient time. So Any one suggest me, how to improve my rate of answering questions. or in other words how do i to improve my reading and understanding ability of questions so that i can answer the question quickly.

Also please give your valuable comments on the scores 76%, 82%, 83.5% & 82% and let me know how far i am ready for real PMP exam.?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login