fbpx

Reply: Total number of questions per Domain

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Total number of questions per Domain

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 1 month ago #9783

Cornelius Fichtner

Stefano,

Here are my answers for you:

I note , compared to your exam questions , that real exam question are more situational and less related to show which is input or output to a certain process. Because of that i am feeling a bit stressed because i am not understanding if i am following the right path to come to my next exam attempt on march 15. please advise , should i do somenthing more ?

The PMP exam is constantly changing. By this I mean that PMI is constantly developing new questions and adding them to their question pool. But so do we! As you probably know we have the Live Feedback feature in our simulator that allows you to get specific help with a question. We receive on average 15 messages from students every week. And each time that our team touches these questions we are changing them to match the latest "lessons learned" we have from the exam. In particular, we are removing ITTO questions and we are making the questions more situational.

Can you do anything more? I can see from our records that you are a customer of The PMP Simulator but not of The PM PrepCast (which is our PMP training course). So the only additional thing you might consider - if you feel weak in many areas and want more input - is to also purchase the training course. Otherwise, keep practicing on questions.

and one more thing from Mulchay book it seems that % threshold passing the exam is between 59 - 65 % . is it still correct ?

Uhm... are you SURE that you have the latest book? PMI changed the passing rate over 4 years ago! Up until then the passing rate was 61%. But then PMI decided to change to a psychometric rating system and no longer publishes the actual passing %. Please read this article here (section 1) where we debunk that particular myth: www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...cation-exam-debunked

So based on the fact that you quoted the wrong % for the domains on the exam and you quoted a very old passing rate, I would strongly recommend that you take a hard look at the book you are using. PMI changed the passing rate years ago and the domain % was changed in 2015. You may have a book that is from before August 2015? I believe that this here is the latest book www.project-management-prepcast.com/mulcahy (Amazon link).
7 years 1 month ago #9781

Stefano Pittaluga

Thanks Cornelius , i am honored you have answered to me in person!
Got you your point and understood.
One more question for you :

" i have already attend one exam in milan last 30 jan , and i failed.
I note , compared to your exam questions , that real exam question are more situational and less related to show which is input or output to a certain process. Because of that i am feeling a bit stressed because i am not understanding if i am following the right path to come to my next exam attempt on march 15. please advise , should i do somenthing more ? and one more thing from Mulchay book it seems that % threshold passing the exam is between 59 - 65 % . is it still correct ?
7 years 1 month ago #9780

Cornelius Fichtner

Stefano,

Allow me to begin with just a small correction: The percentages have changed and the numbers you have a ever so slightly off. here are the most current numbers according to The PMP Examination Content Outline:

I. Initiating 13%
II. Planning 24%
III. Executing 31%
IV. Monitoring and Controlling 25%
V. Closing 7%
Total 100%

However, this aside you are correct. The % that you are seeing in Exam 1 - Exam 8 of the simulator are indeed different. (I'm excluding Exam 9, because it contains only ITTO questions without regard to the percentages).

The reason for this is that about 6 months ago students began to tell us that some questions may be assigned to the wrong Domains. So we began a slow process of reviewing the questions and then re-assigning them to the "correct" domain. (I put "correct" in quotes here because you could always argue about which domain a question falls under).

This means that currently, we have the following average differences in the first eight exams:

Initiating +1.6%
Planning -4.2%
Executing +3.5%
M&C -1.4%
Closing +0.4%

As I said, this is an ongoing, long-term process and it is our goal to bring all the exams back to where they should be.
7 years 1 month ago #9777

Stefano Pittaluga

Morning forum ,

Listen i have a question regarding number of questions per domain during the real exam.
I see from Mulcahy book , the most known guru of PM ever , that % by domain during the real exam will be :
13.00%
24.00%
30.00%
25.00%
8.00%
If i crosscheck these % vs PMP exams in this site , i am a registered user and i bought an access for 9 exam test , i see some differencies .
someone could tell me why ? thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login