fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP APPLICATION AUDIT

PMP APPLICATION AUDIT 7 years 2 months ago #9772

• Genevieve Ikwuka
  • Genevieve Ikwuka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Cornelius,

I have submitted my PMP application which have been accepted, payed and now at the stage of being audited. From experience, please advise me on what to do at this stage cause i really do not understand the requirements and am really nervous

Please see below the audit requirements

Will appreciate your quick response

Regards
Genevieve Ikwuka

Introduction to Audit
Thank you for your interest in a PMI certification. PMI must ensure that practitioners who obtain the certifications have met requirements that reflect the evolving profession. One way in which PMI works to maintain the integrity of its certifications is to conduct candidate audits.
As stated in the Credential Handbooks, all eligible applications are subject to audit. Your application has been selected to participate in the Certification Audit. Upon successful completion of the audit, candidates will be able to move to the next step in the application process. The information that you provide to PMI in the candidate audit is confidential, and should only be discussed with the PMI certification department and your immediate managers or supervisors that are required to assist in experience verification.
Your application falls under the following category:
PMP, Category One Candidate
Category One Applicants:
• Verifying Bachelor's/equivalent university degree.
• Verifying your Project Management Experience.
• Verifying 35 contact hours of Project Management Education.

Submission of the Experience Verification Form(s)
A manager, supervisor, or colleague who is intimately familiar with the experience on your application is required to review your Experience Record and then complete the Experience Verification Form. After they verify, they will put the completed Experience Verification Form and Experience Record in an envelope, sign his/her name over the sealed flap of the envelope, and return the envelope to you via in person or by mail. If one person is verifying multiple projects for the same company, they can fill out one form and initial or highlight on the Experience Record the projects that they are verifying. Faxed or scanned forms will not be accepted as the forms need to be placed in a sealed and signed envelope for security purposes. No substitutions will be accepted.

Documenting the 35 hours of Project Management Related Education
Documentation for each course submitted for meeting the 35 hours of project management education outlined in the attached Education Record. To properly document these activities you must include a certificate, transcript, or letter of attendance from the company, Registered Education Provider (R.E.P), school, or institute that provided the training. The courses submitted must have learning objectives that are directly related to the project management profession. No substitutions will be accepted.

Documenting educational background degree (Bachelors, Masters, or PhD only)
A copy of your degree or transcript from the educational institution where your Bachelors, Masters, or PhD (or global equivalent university degree) was earned is required.
Completed audit forms can be sent back to PMI via regular or postal mail to the address below. PMI will not accept faxed or e-mailed audits. Upon receipt, the Certification Audit Team will process your audit expeditiously. If PMI requires clarification from you during the course of processing your audit materials, a representative will contact you directly.
PMI Global Operations Center
14 Campus Blvd., Newtown Square, PA 19073-3299 USA
Tel: +1-610-356-4600 (Option 8 from phone menu)
The GOC Service Center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. US Eastern time (EST), Monday through Friday, and will follow the United States holiday calendar.
Fax : +610-356-4647
E-mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Do not include partial submissions, as that would be considered an automatic fail of the audit. The date that the audit materials are received and processed at PMI is the completed audit date, and no other documents will be accepted after that date.
If you are unable to complete the audit within the required 60-day time frame of the audit, PMI can grant you an extension of 30 days. If the audit is not completed during the 60- or 90-day time frame, or you fail the audit due to partial or inaccurate submissions, you will not be eligible to move to the next step of the application process, examination. In the case of a failed audit, a partial refund will be issued. After the required waiting period before you reapply, you would need to submit another application, forms, and payment, and your application will be re-audited.
Thank you for your cooperation. Below this letter, you may find some frequently asked questions and answers that may assist you. If your questions are not addressed, please contact your local service center. If you are located in the Asia Pacific region and require assistance, you may contact the Regional Service Center. Please note that
Last edit: by Scott Gillard.

PMP APPLICATION AUDIT 7 years 2 months ago #9773

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Genevieve,

No need to worry. The Project Management Institute (PMI)® requires you to send proof for three items on your application. You simply have to follow the instructions.

They need:

• Verifying Bachelor's/equivalent university degree.

For this you need to send them a photocopy of your degree paper.

• Verifying your Project Management Experience.

In your application you have included a number of projects, with descriptions of your work and the total number of hours worked. PMI wants your "manager, supervisor, or colleague who is intimately familiar with the experience on your application" to verify that what you have submitted is correct.

As it so happens, a colleague of mine is being audited right now for his PMI-ACP application, and because I am his supervisor, I have to do exactly this. He included 3 projects in his application, so yesterday he sent me 3 PDF documents titled "Agile Experience Audit Reports" that PMI has provided to him. I printed these documents, signed them, and then I had to put these documents into a sealed & signed envelope. I am planning of going down to FedEx later today and ship them to him overnight.

You and your supervisor will have to do exactly the same. You download the documents from PMI, and then he/she will have to do what I did. PMI even provides instructions that you can give him/her.

• Verifying 35 contact hours of Project Management Education.

You are a customer of The PM PrepCast and you probably already completed the Final Exam and received your certificate of completion. Simply print a copy of that certificate and include it as part of the package you are sending to PMI. (If you have not yet received this certificate then please open up the PrepCast Student Handbook L00.10. You can find an explanation on how to take the final exam somewhere in the first 15 pages of that document. Check the table of contents.)
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

PMP APPLICATION AUDIT 6 years 6 months ago #12211

• Pius Oke
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Cornelius,
Thanks for your response above.
Just one question if you can answer: Must my colleague, Supervisor or Manager be PM certified in order to fill the form. As i see PMI ID number and Reference Experience number on the forms.

PMP APPLICATION AUDIT 6 years 6 months ago #12236

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
No, PMI does not require that your supervisor be a PMI certified.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

PMP APPLICATION AUDIT 6 years 3 months ago #12879

• C_Rosa
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Genevieve

I'm also going through the same issue with my PMP application, my application has just been rejected for the 2nd time due to the work experience information. I have to say that I've taken a boot camp to prepare to take the exam within the next 3 weeks and hit this roadblock once again. Can you please share some advise or a sample of an approved application (after Audit). Thank you.

PMP APPLICATION AUDIT 6 years 3 months ago #12886

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
Please share with me your email id or reach out to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks
Nagarajan N

PMP APPLICATION AUDIT 5 years 1 month ago #16707

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In an audit does PMI review the description or only the verification?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login