fbpx

Reply: Modern Quality Management (PMBOK 5th Edition, Pg 229)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Modern Quality Management (PMBOK 5th Edition, Pg 229)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 1 month ago #9801

Steven McClaugherty

Hi Michael,

Thanks for responding. On Page 229 of the PMBOK at the start of the paragraph before the 5 bullets are listed, it says, "In the context of achieving ISO compatibility, modern quality management approaches...". Looking back at what I had written in my post, I should have not said Total Quality Management, as I must of have been thinking about it. TQM is shown to be associated as a Continuous improvement. I went back to check my notes and I did list Cost of Quality under Modern Quality Management as a complete 5 bullets.

Thanks again!
Steven
7 years 1 month ago #9797

Michael DeCicco

Steve,
When discussing Quality Management as it pertains to the PMBOK, the PMBOK's definition is the right one. Thus, the foundation are those five bullets you listed. It's unclear what you mean by "Modern Quality Management." What this term in a question you received in a mock PMP exam?
7 years 1 month ago #9757

Steven McClaugherty

I have a very quick question as I need to confirm on Total Quality Management. On Page 229 of the PMBOK, there are 5 bullets listed:
  • Customer Satisfaction
  • Prevention over Inspection
  • Contineuous Improvement
  • Management Responsibility
  • Cost of Quality (COQ)

Do the first 4 bullets make up Modern Quality Management? or is it all 5 bullets (including) Cost of Quality (COQ)? For some reason, I had marked just the first four comprise Modern Quality Management, but started to question this as I went back to the PMBOK.

Thanks,
Steven

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login