fbpx

Reply: Work Performance Reports from M&C Project Work -> Manage Communications->Manage Stakeholder Engagement

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Work Performance Reports from M&C Project Work -> Manage Communications->Manage Stakeholder Engagement

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 1 month ago #9706

Steven McClaugherty

Thank you very much Mark!
7 years 1 month ago #9697

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Steven,

I believe your thinking in regard to this is correct. I am currently working a project and generating weekly status reports. These are communicated to the key stakeholders on a weekly basis for review and to inform. They are also uploaded to a project management repository in order to maintain documentation and a history. If upon review, a change is requested then the core team would review the change, determine the impact on overall scope, and decide if a change request was in order. Or, if it was just an issue it could be noted in the issue log. Hope this helps.

Mark
7 years 1 month ago #9694

Steven McClaugherty

Hi,

I need to check my understanding for Work Performance Reports on the flow, how they get distributed, and where they get reviewed or used with Stakeholders.

Work Performance Reports that output from Monitor & Control Project Work and are received as an input into Manage Communications. Work Performance reports provide the current project status compared to the project forecasts. As an input into Manage Communications, there is a Tool & Technique of Performance Reporting. Is the purpose of Performance Reporting to to take these Work Performance reports by structuring or elaborating them into a more specific/specialized report (like a Progress Report or Trend Report) for distribution to different audiences? Would this also include presentations?

Once these reports are created, are they then distributed as part of the Project Communications output to the appropriate Stakeholders? or updated as part of an Organizational Process Assets Update (updating Project Reports, Project Presentations, etc).

In the Manage Stakeholder Engagement, do these reports/presentations then get reviewed/discussed in this process (from pulling the Operational Process Assets)? If there are any issues or changes that need to be addressed from these reports, it would either go as a change request or issue log as an output?

Can someone walk me through or simplify that for me?

Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login