fbpx

Reply: Failed Audit: Experience entries listed do not meet the requirements of the PMP credential

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed Audit: Experience entries listed do not meet the requirements of the PMP credential

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 weeks ago #16762

Ahsan

's Avatar

Hi Mark,

I really appreciate you helping people with their Project Descriptions.

Please provide feedback on one of my project descriptions. I just want to know if I am moving in the right direction.

Project:

SUMMER CAMP

Objective: To conduct summer camp in 18 school units to engage and develop primary school students through activity based learning

Initiation: Identified stakeholders; I held regional meetings with principals to inform them about the selected schools and camp dates. I held meetings with private secondary school chains inviting them to nominate volunteers for social internships

Planning:
Collect Requirement; I requested and received regional requirements of activity material from the Head Office
Estimate activity resources; I estimated the logistics requirements, held meetings with vendors for quotations, analyzed and chose within the budget
Identify Risk and Plan Risk Response; I predicted 20% volunteer dropout due to high temperature and arranged a support/backup group

Execution:
Perform Quality Assurance; I instructed my team to conduct pre-camp tests with students of 5 locations out of 18 to gauge their improvement with post-camp tests at the closing
Acquire and Develop Project Team; I arranged and conducted interview sessions at selected colleges, conducted orientation, divided the volunteers into groups and assigned supervisors

Monitoring and Controlling:
Control Costs; I disbursed activity material from the backup inventory to limit and control external buying
Monitor and Control Risks; I filled in new volunteers from the backup pool due to expected volunteer dropout

Closing:
Close Project; I managed preparation of theatrical performances by the volunteers and students for the closing ceremony

Outcome:
The Summer Camp was conducted targeting more locations than previous cycle

Condensed 500 character description:

"To conduct summer camp in 18 schools, I held meetings with the selected school principals schools. I negotiated terms with logistics vendor. I arranged backup for volunteer dropout. I conducted orientation, created groups and assigned supervisors. I assigned my team to conduct pre-camp and post-camp tests at 5 locations for assessment. I disbursed activity material from inventory to each location. I replaced dropouts from the backup. I managed theatrical performances for the closing ceremony"

Would really appreciate the feedback !
5 years 6 months ago #15000

Martina

's Avatar

Dear Mark,
I have faced a similar audit experience with the application text for experience.
they send me instruction:
Eligibility Not Met: Project Management Role
Perform their duties under general supervision and are responsible for all aspects of the project for the life of the project
Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources
Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables

Review Feedback:
The project description submitted focuses mainly on the project and the challenges that are associated with it as opposed to your role as Project Manager according to the role delineation above (as stated on page 5 of the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Handbook). Please refer to PMBOK® Guide, Section 3.2 or the PMP Exam Content Outline.

Eligibility Not Met: Domains are not included
It is required that candidates show that they led and directed the project as identified with the tasks, knowledge, and skills specific in the PMP Exam Content Outline. The PMP candidate is not required to show experience leading and directing projects in all five project domains for each project, but must have this experience within the total number of experience hours and in their project deliverable descriptions.

Could you help me with this instruction so I could correct the text of experience.
Could I send you the application ?
Thank you very much,
Martina
7 years 1 month ago #9717

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

MA,
Yes, you can email me your descriptions for review. My email address is listed in my profile. I will not be able to take a look at them till some time this weekend.
Mark
7 years 1 month ago #9716

Marc Rene Woerner

Hi Mark,

I saw in another post on this forum that others have emailed you directly the project descriptions.
Can I do this as well? I have re-written the project descriptions and would like your opinion before I
apply again at PMI.

Can I email you? What is your eMail address?

Best regards,
MA
7 years 1 month ago #9711

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

MA,

Thank you for following up and providing the descriptions and hours. I did a quick review and I think I can see why PMI may have had some trouble with your descriptions. Here are a couple of things you should consider:

1) Think of how you can state a clearer objective for each project. What was the temporary endeavor and what product, service or result did you produce? (e.g. Objective: Developed iOS bank application to improve security of customer transactions). The rest of the description shows how your carried out the project to achieve the outcome.
2) Think of your projects in terms of the 47 process groups (pg. 61 PMBOK) and how you carried out those activities in your projects, or which of those activities you carried out. What tools & techniques were most important? Review the "Exam Content Outline" document at PMI: www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...nal-exam-outline.pdf Consider each of your projects through the lens of the tasks described under the main process groups and highlight those activities that you were most involved in or were most important in each particular project. Use that information to form the basis in describing your contribution to the project.

Initially, just capture as much as possible and don't worry if it is too long. You can shorten later. It is more important now to capture what activities you performed from a PMBOK perspective.

Hope this helps some.

Mark
7 years 1 month ago #9704

Marc Rene Woerner

Please allow that my project descriptions will be deleted.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login