fbpx

Reply: PMI application.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI application.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 1 month ago #9671

Michael DeCicco

Ty, the main idea is accurate. I think you are on track if you describe your actions in accordance with Project Management verbiage and terminology. You might want to re-name the project to identify it better.
7 years 1 month ago #9667

Ty Desmond

's Avatar

Hi,
I worked in a Not Profit organization contracted with the state in providing case management services to families within the child welfare systems. My roles are very similar to project management process, except that i deal with individual cases, which includes case planning, monitoring the case progress, reporting, communicating with different agencies/stakeholders, regular meetings, reporting to the courts, obtaining proof of compliance among a lot of things. The end product if compliance is met could be a reunified family or not. Would this be acceptable for PMP purposes. I have summarized below a statement, please advise.

Project Name: Develop and manage plans.
Project Role: Project Coordinator
I lead a team of inter agency stakeholders to develop a case management plan. Identified the stakeholders, developed the plan, communicating to stakeholders at plan meeting and implementing approved changes. Measured project performance, tracking project progress to ensure conformance with project plan, and documenting, activities, lessons learned and risk in proprietary software. I maintained active communication with clients to manage their interests, and obtained administrative closure.

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login