fbpx

Reply: PMP eligibility

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP eligibility

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 months ago #9652

Cornelius Fichtner

John,

Please review the Exam Content Outline which you can find here www.pm-prepcast.com/pmpoutline and then take a look at all the "Tasks" that PMI describes for each of the Domains.

If you can honestly say "Yes, I am the person responsible for leading and directing (most of) these tasks!" then you are good to go. Only you can make that call because you know best what you actually do.
7 years 2 months ago #9651

John Phung

's Avatar

Thank you gentlemen for the information.

Can management projects include service contracts that we have with clients?
I am the manager that over see all these service contracts. Making sure that the requirements are deliver. So I am involve from the beginning to end of the service contract. Which involves the 5 process area that PMI indicates.

Thanks again.
7 years 2 months ago #9649

Cornelius Fichtner

John, Lazard,

Slight correction: PMI clearly states that the 7,500 hours must have been accrued in the past 8 years. Here is what it says in the Handbook on page 6 at the top:

All project management experience must have been accrued within the last eight consecutive years prior to your application submission.

So you cannot count "any" project. Instead you can only count those from the last 8 years.
Please see the handbook for all the details: www.pm-prepcast.com/pmphb
7 years 2 months ago #9647

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear John,
I understand that 7500H practices could much you but if you thoroughly look at your career over the 18 years you can a good number.
The important thing is that any project you would like to refer to has to follow PMI principles and the role you have played in the execution of the project. You need to have a qualified resource person that can certified your role and contribution.
Please into your records and start capturing your data. You could have worked in different projects at the same time. All the projects you have mentioned can be considered if all respected PMI Project Management Methodology.

For further information go to pmi.org

Best regards
7 years 2 months ago #9640

John Phung

's Avatar

I am looking to do the PMP training and exam. But I fell I am being held back with the PMI eligibility 7500 hours leading and directing projects.
I fall into that category as I don't have a bachelor degree. I do have 2 college diploma (Business + Information Technology).

Just a little history about my experience, I have been working in IT servicing field for the past 18 years. Taking roles in support agent, support teamleader, account manager and professional service manager (current). I am looking to advance my current further with the PMP certification.

I have been a stakeholder and leader of different projects.
Departmental projects
- rolling out new services
- vendor selection
- customer support implementation
- reseller program implementation

Project from service contract from paying client(many contract has been completed)
- projects includes server security, migration, auditing.
All these paid project I am the leader and I have a team that I manage and allocate the project for handling. So I am involve with planning, resource allocation, execution and closing project on completion.

So I am not sure if projects that are paid projects can be consider as experience hours in PMP eligibility.

Appreciate if someone you can give share the advise and guidance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login