fbpx

Reply: Failed PMI Audit Process

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed PMI Audit Process

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 weeks ago #9919

Ahmed Amin

Hi Andrea,
below are some guidelines to follow while you are documenting your project experience:
1- avoid listing non-project work, remember a project is a temporary endeavor that creates a unique product result.
2- make sure to describe the project objective and outcome clearly.
3- describe your role leading and directing the project work, and make sure to use PMBOK terms.
4- try to list the most recent projects as you will be able to describe them more clearly and in case your application was selected for audit, it would be easier to verify them.
5- your work description should span different process groups and knowledge areas (it is not required but preferable to demonstrate your work experience).

finally I highly recommend that you read the Handbook , especially the "How to Record Your Experience & Education on the Application" section.
7 years 2 weeks ago #9918

Moh Ariawan

's Avatar

Hi Andre,

How's the certification going then? Did you re-word your project description?
I had similar response from PMI regarding my PMP application audit. I'm planning to re-apply anyway.

regards,
Moh
7 years 2 months ago #9613

Andre Mola

Hello everybody,
I failed my PMI Audit process today because I misunderstood what was the expectation of PMI Process about the documentation required. I documented my total number of hours in project management instead each of my projects be documented individually. I would like to know if somebody has met this problem before and share his experience about how to manage it to avoid this king of mistake.
Thank you for your feedback
Andre

Here the mail I received from the PMI
Thank you for submitting your PMP certification audit materials. After thorough review, your application was closed due to the grouped and combined project experience presented on your application. PMI requires that projects be documented individually, regardless of the number of projects a candidate is documenting. We require this so that we may review each project individually and guard against ‘work’ being documented; further, we require this so that we can ensure candidates led and directed on each project documented.

It appears that you grouped multiple projects together and submitted them as an individual project.

As stated in the certification handbook, all applications are subject to audit. Our goal is to ensure that all educational and experiential requirements established by PMI are upheld, and to maintain the integrity of PMI’s globally recognized credentials. All candidates are asked to adhere to PMI's rigorous eligibility requirements, and failure on our part to uphold these requirements jeopardizes the integrity of the PMI awarded certifications. Therefore, we will be unable to pass your application at this time.

Since your application audit has been closed due to not meeting the minimum eligibility requirements, we have submitted a request for a refund of your application fee, minus a US$100.00 processing fee. Please allow 5-10 business days for the refund to be processed. For complete details, please refer to the refund policy in the certification handbook.
If you wish to submit a new application, you may do so at any time. Please note: if you choose to submit a new application for this certification, your application will again be audited. However, the requirement to submit proof of education attained and contact hours will be waived, since they were already verified during your first audit.
Additional information regarding the application requirements and role definitions can be found in the PMP Handbook and Exam Content Outline online at www.PMI.org .

If you have specific questions regarding the closing of this application or the certification eligibility requirements, please email the PMI Program Administration Team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
We hope once you are able to meet the PMP certification eligibility requirements, you will reconsider the PMP at that time.

Sincerely,

PMI Program Administration Team

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login