fbpx

Reply: Question about Question ID: 15209 (Plan Communications vs Plan Communications Management wording)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question about Question ID: 15209 (Plan Communications vs Plan Communications Management wording)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 months ago #9508

Steven McClaugherty

Thank you Jonathan for making the correction. I apologize on the number transpose on the question ID that led to delays. Also, I appreciate you sharing with me about the Live Feedback feature as I wasn't exactly familiar with its full purpose and usage.
7 years 2 months ago #9501

Jonathan Hebert - Teacher

Hello Steven,

Thank you for catching what should have stated the Plan Communications Management process. I have corrected this in the simulator and updated the questions with per choice explanations. I have also sent you an email that describes the use of the Live Feedback feature of the simulator. Using Live Feedback will improve response time from support and well as assist us in fixing a question if it is required. It ties your comments to the question, which is this case was question 12509 and not 15209 as reported.
Please use the Live Feedback feature in the future to both decrease the response time your feedback as well as reduce typographical error such as question ID number that could impede correcting mistakes.

Thank you again for using the simulator and helping us improve the quality of our content for all our customers.
Attachments:
7 years 2 months ago #9497

Steven McClaugherty

Hi,

I had a question from the Project Communications Management Knowledge Area (Question ID: 15209) that asked "What process did the the project manager fail to properly perform?".

The correct choice listed was Plan Communications, but I did not select this option because Plan Communications is not the fully defined process name in the Project Communications Management Knowledge Area, but rather "Plan Communications Management" is. I selected another option since it had a correct process name, but of course, it wasn't right in the end. I thought this was a trick question (as I had one or two I came across previously) to pick up on the subtle notion that "Plan Communications" is not a real process name (though a partial name) as listed in the PMBOK, though knowing "Plan Communications Management" is a process defined in the PMBOK. I would have selected the option if it had stated, "Plan Communications Management". Should the question be updated along with the explanation with the fully defined process name?

In the Explanation section of the question, it references PMBOK Guide 5th Edition, page 289-290. In looking on those 2 pages, the words Plan Communications is never used, but references the process as Plan Communications Management.

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login