fbpx

Reply: How close is the Exam Simulator format (look, feel, function) to the PMP Exam software/application?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How close is the Exam Simulator format (look, feel, function) to the PMP Exam software/application?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 months ago #9480

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Steven,

It is very similar. The real exam does have the strike-through capability which was very helpful. I recall that if you marked a question, the strike through remained in place when you went back to review. I don't know about the online calculator since I requested a hand held calculator at the Prometric test center. Marking questions was also similar and while I did mark quite a few it didn't matter too much since I only had about 7 min. left at the end which really wasn't enough time to consider changing things. I don't recall changing any of my original answers. Always remember that when taking the mock exams and the real exam to select the best answer you can as you go. Don't leave questions unanswered, mark them, and hope to have enough time to go back later to answer them. You also have a short 15 min. tutorial at the beginning to familiarize yourself with things but you will not be surprised. Some recommend visiting the test center prior to your actual exam so you have a better idea what things are like at your particular testing location. That isn't always practical for some and I believe there is also a small fee. I used the noise cancelling headphones during the exam which helped a lot but I would see if you can bring a set of ear plugs as an alternative. Over the course of the 4 hour exam, the headphones were pressing my glasses against my head above my ears and it began to get uncomfortable after a while. It literally took about a week after the exam for the soreness to completely dissipate.

Mark
7 years 2 months ago #9478

Steven McClaugherty

Good Day!

I was curious as to how close the Exam Simulator mirrors to the look/feel/functionality of the PMP Exam computer based software/application. Is it very similar or notable difference? Will images of charts, schedules, etc. be presented in similar formats? I though I had heard that the PMP Exam computer based application allows one to use strike throughs to help eliminate answers, is that true? I did also see others mention to "mark" questions. To get back to the list of questions marked in the PMP Exam, is there a similar Grid like function to see a complete view of what has been marked, with answers, no answers, etc? I am sure there are similarities, but to what extent I don't know. I am just trying to eliminate a concern if the PMP Exam computer based application comes across as feeling foreign at first viewing or if the Exam Simulator comes pretty near close to what is presented during a testing in look/feel/function. For those who have taken the test, what difference did you note from the Exam Simulator vs the PMP Exam Application? Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login