fbpx

Reply: Exam on Jan 23

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam on Jan 23

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 months ago #9399

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Sia D,

No one can objectively tell you how well are you prepared for your exam. It’s very personal and subjective. What works for one, won’t work for another. Based on our experience and statistical data, people who consistently score above 80% on high quality paid simulators, usually have better chances to succeed in their real PMP exam than those that score lower. Again, it’s very personal and each one should set the score threshold for themselves.

What I want to suggest is not to give up on Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep book. By most, it’s considered as one of the best PMP exam prep books available on the market. Having said that, if you feel there is no “chemistry” between you and the book, consider choosing another book that will better fit your personality and preparation style. Another option, which many prefer over reading a book, is listening to a high quality podcast, such as PM PrepCast, available here:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-exam/the-pm-prepcast

It’s important to keep in mind that although the PMBOK® Guide comprises the majority of the content you will encounter on your exam, the PMP Examination Content Outline assumes that the prospective PMP aspirants are familiar with other sources that are used by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® as content material. These include such things as PMI’s Practice Standards, PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, PMI’s Practice Standard for Scheduling; commonly accepted statistical analysis techniques such as ROI, IRR, and NPV; organizational behavior theories such as Tuckman’s Ladder, Theory X and Theory Y, Maslow's hierarchy of needs; commonly frowned upon project management practices, such as gold plating; and others. We have such questions in our PM Exam simulator so you would be better prepared for the real one. This is why PMP aspirants are encouraged to explore these additional sources of information and/or to be familiar with them from their project management experience.

You may want to explore the following web site which provides a lot of useful information on how to create your PMP study plan. It seems you already have a one, but it never hurts to check best practices that have helped many of our customers:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-study-plan

Good luck in your preparations!
7 years 2 months ago #9368

Sia D

Hello all,

I have my exam due in the fourth week of jan and my scores have been as follows.

Prep cast( Exam 1)-84%
PM Study( Exam 1)-77%
Head first - 78%
Oliver 75 questions - 63%
Prep cast ( Exam 2) - 83.5%

I am a bit concerned with my oliver scores. Unlike a lot of people that recommend reading Rita, I found it rather wordy. I have strictly been using the PMBOK guide to understand my gaps.

Am I on the right track?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login