fbpx

Reply: KICKOFF MEETING

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : KICKOFF MEETING

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 3 months ago #9176

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Henry,

Yes, I think rescheduling is the best option. Of course, it may depend on the project and types of stakeholders etc.. but I think it is always best to have they key ones together at the start to be sure everyone understands where they project is headed. That should increase the chances of a successful outcome.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 3 months ago #9174

Henry ILO

Thanks alot Mark my Delphi :). I saw post on the pmstudy and some others i wanted to ask also. Regarding #2, so rescheduling would be best then. Thanks so much and do have a blissful sunday.
7 years 3 months ago #9172

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Henry,

Here is an online reference you might find useful. pmstudycircle.com/2016/03/what-is-a-project-kick-off-meeting/

In practice, the kick off meeting is usually held once the planning is complete and the project is ready to be executed. At least, that is based on my practical experience although some project work is sometimes underway by that point.

Regarding #2, in my experience, I would not hold a kick-off meeting unless the key stakeholders and team members are present, either physically or virtually. It is a key point in the project where you have the opportunity to get everyone together to discuss the various aspects of the project and can really help set the tone for the project and its success. I would reschedule the kick-off meeting.

Hope this helps.

Mark
7 years 3 months ago #9167

Henry ILO

Hello Everyone,
Please concerning the Project kickoff meeting,
(1) Under which process and process group is this done? PMP Exam Content Outline kick off meeting is mentioned under planning process group whereas most
mock exam questions refer to it as being in the Develop project team process (i.e. Executing )
(2) If excuses are being made by intended participants that they will not make it for the kickoff, what should the PM do? i.e. insist for team attendance or do it
with whoever makes it, or cancel the meeting, or reschedule the meeting?

Your kind advice is most appreciated. Thanks.

Warm regards : Henry

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login