fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Booked my exam

Booked my exam 7 years 4 months ago #8972

• Senthilkumar Pachai
  • Senthilkumar  Pachai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello,

I have studied Rita and PMBOK for thrice. Encountered more than 1500 questions but the mock scores are not touched 80% getting only 70 to 72% . Any advice or change in my study strategy? Daily practicing ITTO games on my iPad and improving well in terms of process understanding.

I welcome your advice and recommendations in this regard and please help me to get good score and solid understanding to fill my gaps.

Booked my exam 7 years 4 months ago #8975

• Michael Sumaquial, PMP
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello Pachai,

Good job on all the hard work you are doing for the PMP exam! You are getting closer and closer to achieve your goal. I believe you must improve your mock test score to 80% to pass the PMP. I suggest continue taking many mock questions and exams and reviewing your wrong answers at this stage in your preparation. Best of luck. You can do it!

Michael

Booked my exam 7 years 4 months ago #8976

• Senthilkumar Pachai
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Michael for your positive words. Prepcast is really good I tried that and am looking another paid mocks exams because I need a good standard and quality questions like Prepcast.

Booked my exam 7 years 4 months ago #8977

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Senthilkumar,

Firstly great work! You're clearly working hard for the exam and I'm sure that you'll crack it. Now just to be doubly sure ;), instead of focussing on solving more questions, spend time in analysing the ones you are getting wrong. Classify the question by topic and do this exercise for a few mock papers (at least 3) and see if there are any patterns. Is there a particular topic you'll consistently scoring low in? Or is there a type of question (what next, ITTO, etc.) that you're consistently scoring low in? Once you have categorised the questions you're getting wrong by topic and nature of question, I'm sure the data would give you a lot of information on how to fix your mistakes and improve your scores even further. Once you've identified a particular topic you can go back to re-learning about that topic from multiple sources or if it's a particular type of question you seem to be consistently struggling with, ask us here and we can help!

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Booked my exam 7 years 4 months ago #8980

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
I agree with the approach proposed by Rahul, I will just add one update. once you spot a weak area, I recommend that you skim over it from the main resource you studied and then study it from another resource. so for example, if you found you are scoring less in Scope management and your study material was Rita's book then first thing is to skim over scope management in Rita and then study the subject in another resource (prepcase for example or the PMBOK guide).
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Booked my exam 7 years 4 months ago #8982

• Senthilkumar Pachai
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Ahmed. As far as i see - over study of PMBOK and Rita getting boring. I'll try to revise my wrong answers.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login