fbpx

Reply: Communication Knowledge Area

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Communication Knowledge Area

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8984

Michael Thompson, PMP

I create the following process flow to help me understand the relationship between Communication and Stakeholder.

Identify Stakeholders
Output: Stakeholder register: This will have Identification information ie name, org, role, contact information.
Plan Stakeholder Management:
Input: Stakeholder Register
Plan Communications Management:
Input: Stakeholder Register
Output: Communication Management Plan: This will have Communication information on stakeholders: communication language, format, frequency, etc
Manage Stakeholder Engagement: Work with stakeholders to meet their needs/expectations
Input: Communication Management Plan
Output: Issue Log
7 years 4 months ago #8973

Senthilkumar Pachai

Thanks. Let me use this strategy. I want to understand the solid process between communication and stakeholder management. Can you please refer any source apart from PMBOK?
7 years 4 months ago #8949

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Hi Senthil,

I am sure you know the formula of the number of communication channels (n*(n-1)) n being the number of people or team members or participants to the communication.
1st trick. Read the text and determine if the PM is included or not?
2nd trick. Figure out if some people have not left the project and the question is about the remaining.
3rd trick. Make sure you understand the English.

Questions related to the computation of number of communication channel are so easy that no-one shall miss any.

Good luck. Best regards.
7 years 4 months ago #8948

Senthilkumar Pachai

Friends,

I am weak in communication knowledge area. Everybody use to say communication is easiest knowledge area but i am getting low percentage in this area. I have taken 6 mock exam from Prepcast all the mock exam i got only 65 to 68%.

trickly Communication channel questions are really confusing me to encounter. Can you suggest me to overcome on this knowledge area? please help me to fill this gap.

Senthil

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login