fbpx

Reply: PMP Experience requirment

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Experience requirment

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8881

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Ifi,

It is important to consider how you would describe your role in the project for the PMP application itself. Keep in mind you only have 550 characters to describe the project objective, the areas in which you contributed and the project outcome. You need to focus on what ways you contributed to some or all of the 5 main process groups (initiating, planning, monitoring & controlling and closing). Did you lead a particular aspect of the project? Were you responsible for documenting lessons learned? What specific planning processes were you responsible for? Did you plan and schedule resources? Did you qualitatively or quantitatively assess project risks? Did you manage project communications? Etc.. These are the kinds of questions you will need to ask yourself.

Also, if this is the sole project you will use for the application, it may be difficult to pass the experience requirement since you don't indicate that you were the project manager or project leader. I would review the PMI application and handbook to be sure you can meet the minimum requirements. I am thinking that they probably want to see more than one single project to meet the experience requirement. Of course, don't hesitate to reach out and contact PMI directly. They may be able to answer some of your questions.

Good luck to you.

Mark
7 years 4 months ago #8880

ifi

's Avatar

Hello,
I am not sure whether my work experience will be considered towards PMP experience requirement . I worked as Quality Assurance Analyst on a project for about 5 years and we were using Agile project methodology. I was not the person managed the project, we had program manager and project manager. I was reporting to these people.
I prepared test planning, execution, time estimation, mentor a junior quality personal and final reporting to PM.
can any of you tell me if this experience will be considered or satisfy PMP requirement.
Thank you,
ifi

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login