fbpx

Reply: THIRD TIME CHAMP – PASSED ON 10TH NOV 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : THIRD TIME CHAMP – PASSED ON 10TH NOV 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8890

Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)

Congratulations James.
Your determination for success is saluted!!
7 years 4 months ago #8889

Hazem Ibrahim

congratulation you're a brave hero
7 years 4 months ago #8887

Michael Sumaquial, PMP

Congratulations James!

Perseverance, Positive Attitude, and Focus leads us to success. I wish you all the best in your career journey!

Michael
7 years 4 months ago #8882

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

James,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam! Way to stick with it and persevere to pass on your 3rd attempt. Great never give up attitude. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on post your lessons learned. Love the Mount Everest analogy. Best of luck to you as a new PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 4 months ago #8876

Ann Rose Cherian

After a year long journey on 10th Nov 2016 cleared the PMP Mount Everest with tears on eyes. Here are mine some important lesson learned for future PMP aspirants.

• Started mine PMP journey on 14th Nov 2015 & due to lac of proper preparation got failed in two attempts & last chance was on 13th Nov 16 before ending the eligibility period;
• Read the PMBOK & other supporting PMP books for at least twice before sitting for the practice PMP simulators to check your knowledge; don’t memorize any of the formula’s & ITTO’S rather try to understand the flow process;
• One mantra for passing PMP where I failed in two attempts was due to proper time allocation on practice tests & later recognized in third attempt time;
• Books & paid simulators what I used for my PMP preparation was PMBOK 5th edition, head first PMP, PM PrepCast videos & simulators used - PM Prepcast, Rita mulchay & Pm training. Out of these I personally recommend to go with PM PrepCast it’s clear answer explanations & quality of questions are really good when compared to actual PMP test;
• Average score on simulator’s was between 75-79% in PM PrepCast simulator’s & in Rita between 70-75%;
• On test day my exam scheduled for 12.30 pm, reached the center before time & done all security checks, No brain dump now allowed in test center during tutorial time& started my exam. In third attempt time while in simulator tests i practiced a strategy don’t know whether it will work out for others too,
 Out of 04 hrs time I divided the time in to 06 segments of 40mns for each segment, 1st 40 mns I tried answering questions from 1 to 200 where I am 100% sure & marked questions which am not knowing;
 2nd 40 mns I tried to answer questions from 200 to 150, 3rd 40 mns time from 149 to 100, 4th 40 mns from 99 to 50, 5th 40mns from 49 to 01, by that time I was left over with some 45 mns for final segment. Here I tried to answer the left over questions which I marked for final review at the end;
• I took 04 days off from work & got my mine brain to say whatever may happen let’s try for this last time & worked out. I finished my exam with 10 mns time left over & finished my exam, done survey part & screen flashed with congrats message, got certificate & left from center.

I take this opportunity to thank Mr.Cornelius Fichtner & the whole team for making my PMP journey success & wish to come back for earning PDU’s to maintain PMP certification. I can be reached out @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for any further help needed for future PMP aspirants.

JAMES JOSEPH, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login