fbpx

Reply: 75 projects over 5 years - Application question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 75 projects over 5 years - Application question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8848

Kathi Bridge

's Avatar

Hi Cornelius,

Brilliant idea, yes many of the projects were similar. Thank you, that's exactly what I will do. I am really enjoying the program as well. Cheers, Kathi
7 years 4 months ago #8847

Cornelius Fichtner

Kathi,

I was in quite a similar situation when I filled in my application. I've only ever managed small to medium sized projects that are over and done within a couple of months. Each of them were separate projects with their own charters, plans, sponsors and other project documents. I included each of these as a separate project on my application, which took forever.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are in exactly the same situation as I was...

I have two ideas for you:
- Are these projects by any chance grouped into a program?
- Can you see any other way in which you can group them? (i.e. all bridge projects?)

Once you have an idea of "simplifying" this, I then recommend that you write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., explain your situation with the 75 projects, explain how you would like to group them on your application and ask for their approval to do so. Better be safe.
7 years 4 months ago #8846

Kathi Bridge

Hi, I am working on my experience portion of the PMP application. I was hired full time as a Project Manager to manage Government funded forestry projects for 5 years. Between my boss and I we managed an average of 15+ projects per year as directed by the forestry companies. Anything from replacing bridges, planting forest fire ravaged areas to ecology mapping surveys. I worked on about 5 a year directly running from planning through to close, and helped on some of the process groups of other projects with my boss. I can't even remember half of them. I have lost one of those years as far as the application as the first year I was employed was 9 years ago. Talked to the fellow I worked for and he is fully on board to confirm my work and full time hours at it.
My question - can I lump it all into one as a project manager for 5 years and discuss the process groups I worked on? Or do I have to break it down project by project? Any suggestions would be fantastic. Thank you

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login