fbpx

Reply: Exam Simulator Tracking

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam Simulator Tracking

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 5 months ago #8841

Bonnie

Thanks, I've taken about Five 4 hour exams, I'm just hoping to see where I stand.
I've looked through other things you guys show for us users. You do not explain anywhere (at least I have not found it) what defines a "Passed" quiz or test. I've come to the conclusion that if you come in Below Proficient in one of the five domains then you fail. That's where the large number of questions per test helps. In a small 20 question quiz you may only get 1 Closing question. Get it wrong and you fail.
A suggestion for you -
Why not on the same table for metrics, you could show number of quizzes / tests, the same pass / fail, but add a column for correct %.
I'm over 700 questions holding a 77% average, but my quiz pass rate is only about 40 %, and that the "All Users" is only 46%. That is not really telling me anything. Or you could break it out to Domain for everyone, so I could see where I stand against everyone per domain.
I know there is only so much value to it all, it's just a benchmark. I'm assuming the other people using this tool that most are passing the real exam, I think it would help my attitude.
7 years 5 months ago #8839

Michael DeCicco

Bonnie, my advice is you really need to try to find 4 hours to mentally prepare for the sitting down during the real PMP exam. If you can get 80% on a full length practice exam, that will boost your confidence.
7 years 5 months ago #8832

Bonnie

I'd like to start a chat about how current users are doing with Simulator questions. I'm sure some may be shy about wanting to add to a post, but we are all moving towards the same goal.

I wish I could report higher, but here is my current after 11 days on the Simulator.
You have answered a total of 681 questions in the simulator and of these, 77% were correctly answered in your first attempt.
I only test on new unanswered questions (That is a great feature of this simulator btw)
I've taken 30 Quizzes, not a single 200 Question Exam, I just never have 4 hours to spare.
I've taken one 100 question test and got an 84%.
Taken Six 50 question tests for an average of 74.6%
The rest are 10 and 20 question quickies, I hit 90% 9 out of 10 a few times that kicks my overall average up to that 77%.
Last weekend I took two tests, the 100 question and one of the 50 questions I mention, I tied the 84% with an 80% for a nice 82% average for the weekend.
It just seems that obviously you hit hard questions and it's hard not to miss 2 or 3 out of 10.

I keep good notes on all missed questions. I consistently miss about 4 Tools and Technique questions on a 50 question test. I can only hope that the team here is testing us harder on those than the real exam, especially the ones where you list 6 T&Ts from Identify Risks and expect me to know that Document Reviews is the one missing. I hate that.

I guess one of the good news things, if I take a test from "Questions I got Wrong" I hit pretty high. I only did one of these, a small 20 question, but the answer pops out at me, not because I simply remember a question, as I said I've taken 681 questions so far, but I think I simply learn from the process.

I'll probably be taking a least another 150 questions this weekend.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login