fbpx

Reply: Worried about an Audit - PMP Application - Worked as a Freelancer

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Worried about an Audit - PMP Application - Worked as a Freelancer

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8795

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Marc,

Any chance you can locate some of those former contacts via Linkedin? Even if they work elsewhere now, you can still use them as contacts. You just need someone that can vouch for your involvement in the projects. Also, have you asked PMI directly about this situation? You might just give them a call and see what they recommend. I am sure you aren't the first person to be in this situation.

Good luck,

Mark
7 years 4 months ago #8785

Marc

's Avatar

Hello Cornelius,
First of all I like to say that the PM PrepCast is exactly what I was looking for. Very good explanation!

The reason for this post is that I'm a little nervous about my PMP application.
I have the projects descriptions completed but who do I set as contacts for these projects?

Background: I worked 12 years as a freelancer for Hewlett Packard. Managed projects for various HP
customers but lots of the people I reported to I cannot find anymore and I don't think I would pass an Audit then.
In one of the interviews you added to PM PrepCast package I heard that a successful exam taker was setting himself as contact for these projects because he had his own company, similar to my situation but I was reporting to the company I was working for so what do I do?

Can you please give your opinion?

Best regards,
Marc

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login