fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Change Control

Change Control 7 years 4 months ago #8758

• Bonnie
  • Bonnie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
With so many Change Control / Change Request questions, I've tried to do a lot of research to find a definitive work flow.

The big question is always what to do first, or what is the best thing to do.

Change request is suggested / submitted
I've read a lot that an initial review / analysis should be done BEFORE it gets to the Change Control Board (CCB)
Is that true, or should it go directly to the CCB for its review and approval/rejection?
After CCB it goes to Approval - Direct and Manage Project Work for execution / implementation. Or Rejection, it gets documented in the Change Log.

Lots of value in knowing this properly.
Thanks

Change Control 7 years 4 months ago #8784

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Bonnie, please have a look at the Perform Integrated Change Control section 4.5 in the PMBOK 5th edition. That section is the PMI's methodology for change control. That is the standard.

Mike
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator

Change Control 7 years 4 months ago #8802

• Kelly Coughlin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
She has a point. I have also been confused by the simulation questions; sometimes the answer is "analyse first" and others it's "make the CCB decide". Valid confusion.

Change Control 7 years 4 months ago #8803

• Andres
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I agree with the doubt.
I'd go even further: after implementation of the approved change, you should follow it up.
Is this follow up an inspection? Belong to execute process or monitor & control process?

I have seen a question with the work inspection for that follow up, so it's in control.
But what if the change is referred to HR? There is no monitor & control process in HR!!!

Change Control 7 years 4 months ago #8804

• Bonnie
  • Bonnie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for commenting - Control Quality has an output of Validated Changes - Implementation of approved change requests is validated and approved or rejected, they are then passed on to Monitor and Control process for validation that the change was implemented properly.
I was more concerned about the start of the process, from what I've read, it is extremely important to analyze the question for key words, giving hints on how to answer. As with everything, nothing is black and white.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login