fbpx

Reply: FINALLY Passed exam at my second attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : FINALLY Passed exam at my second attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8760

Michael Sumaquial, PMP

Congratulations April! It pays to work hard, stay positive, and learn from failure. Best wishes!
7 years 4 months ago #8759

April Shih

Yes,
I started my studying at very late of July. I had the plan of passing exam of 3-month studying. here are my schedule
phase 1_head first PMP, a very easy reading book that provide a whole picture. I finished studying the book and mock exam on headfirst 200 questions scored 60%
phase 2_only studied cramming textbook, and worked on RITA questions over and over. I got something wrong but I did not clear up very well, which i tried to memorized the questions i answered it wrong. being the cause of failure at my first attempt.
phase 3_after first failure dated 12 October, analysis what correction plan, i seriously back to PMBOK for a depth studying. it takes me a week seriously go through every single page. I studied at least 6 hours to 7 hours a day. from one who does not speak English as mother language... WOW. that's something.
phase4_mock exam 5 days nonstop 1000 questions. exam 1 to exam 5. and review my mistake on each knowledge area. I've got 70%-80% right before my 2nd attempt date.
phase5_the day before, i seriously go back to PMBOK on 2nd study on my weak knowledge area. and really get good understanding of it before going to sleep.

The secret for me is understanding not memorizing. i hope it helps to others. cramming provided some highlight points and the thing which saved me is get to understand ITTO by it's flow and connection of each process.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.
7 years 4 months ago #8752

Ahmed Amin

Congratulations April. Well done taking the second attempt so quickly. can you document your lessons learnt and how you managed to improve during the 2 weeks.
7 years 4 months ago #8749

April Shih

I failed two weeks ago and yesterday was my second attempt. Glad I passed after all.
That was difficult. It's been so helpful paying 125USD to get 1800 questions for practice. Honestly I finished only 1000 questions by practicing continuously 5 days. The mock exam clear my mind by giving great analysis to know my readiness. Very worthy...

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login