fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP today

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP today

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8736

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Pratim,

Congrats on persevering and passing the PMP exam. Thanks for posting your experience and lessons learned.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 4 months ago #8735

PRATIM GHOSHAL

Hi all
It gives me immense pleasure that I passed my PMP today .
I studied for PMP for couple of month around 1.5 years ago ,but as usual planned things take a backseat when adhoc and lucrative things step in .
Somehow I decided to take the PMP exam again after around a year and realized it was one of my 2016 resolutions also . I started the preparation around August .
I started with Head First ( it quite easy to understand here) . Later I took Rita as my master book and studied end to end couple of times. Went through PMBOK only couple of weeks before exam and that too in bit and pieces as I always found it difficult to comprehend .
Gave the chapter end questions of Rita /Head First after studying and scored around 65- 75% on an average .
I started giving few free mocks around end of September and scored around the same range - 65 -75 % - Head first ,PM study , Izenbridge,PMZest .
Then I started search for paid mocks and after doing some research picked up PM PrepCast . Gave around 7 -8 mocks of PM PrepCast and scored around in the range of 75- 85%.
The questions were really good with a very good blend and indeed the PMP exam had question in the same lines .
As I was gaining confidence and thought of trying some different mocks which was little harder and less heavy on pocket - I took PMZest . Took around 5 -6 test there and
scored around 60 -70% - the questions are on the tougher side w.r.t other mocks and real PMP

Sitting for 4 hrs and give mocks is really important and best if you can test few mocks in same time as your exam time - mine was 8am -12 pm.

Lastly I would like to thank the forum "I want to be a PMP" , PM PrepCast - Cornelius, PM Zest - Anmol for their help throughout my journey .

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login