fbpx

Reply: Percentage for BP/MP/P on Simulator/Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Percentage for BP/MP/P on Simulator/Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 5 months ago #8612

Ahmed Amin

Hello Matt,
Yes, the percentage differs from exam to another based on the exam difficulty. the same applies for the passing score.
7 years 5 months ago #8600

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Matt,
First PMI evaluation level (BP, M or P) is different from the simulator because no-one knows the passed score of PMI. Some simulators consider 80% as passed score and 90% as P and 80% M.
For the exam get well prepared and if you could score consistently 80% with new questions you are good to go.

Best regards.
7 years 5 months ago #8598

Matt Mcdonnell

More for my curiosity than anything else, but I was curious to know what percentages correspond with proficiency levels on the simulator (and the exam if anyone happened to know this closely guarded secret!)

I've been doing practice quizzes based on the knowledge areas that I've been lacking in, and consistently hitting in the 70% range (getting better!) and my score shows as below proficient. This has me concerned for the exam! I've got a few more weeks to study and practice but I'm curious to know a bit more about it.

Is the proficiency measured based on a pure percentage, or does it also factor in the difficulty of the questions?

Cheers,

Matt

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login