fbpx

Reply: Audit Requirements - Attained Education

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Audit Requirements - Attained Education

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 5 months ago #8557

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Mike,

Thanks for following up and posting this. Really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8556

Michael Yee

For future reference, I called PMI, and they confirmed that an unofficial transcript or a photo of the degree are both sufficient to serve as evidence of attained education.

Best,
Mike
7 years 5 months ago #8526

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Michael,

Sorry to hear that your application is getting audited. That wasn't clear to me in your early post. I think your plan is a good one. Good luck.

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8523

Michael Yee

Mark,

I actually am getting audited. I am wondering about the unofficial transcript because my diploma is currently framed, and I would prefer to not have to take it out of the frame. Per the audit guidelines, I think the following excerpts are germane but do not lend enough specificity for me to determine if an unofficial transcript will be sufficient:

{from Audit PM Experience Records section}
Audit Requirements:
To meet this requirement for the audit, a copy of your degree or transcript from the educational institution where your Bachelors, Masters, or PhD (or global equivalent university degree) was earned is required.

{from Audit FAQs section}
Will PMI accept a school transcript to meet the degree requirement?
Yes.

If a certificate is in a professional frame, does it need to be taken out?
The degree does not need to be taken out of the professional frame. If it is too large to photocopy, please submit a transcript.

I think to be safe, I'm just going to take the diploma out of the frame and photocopy it because there does not seem to be a clear-cut answer based on PMI guidelines alone.

Best,
Mike
7 years 5 months ago #8522

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Michael,

I would only pay for an official transcript if you need it (i.e. if you get audited). If you have a copy of your diploma then that may suffice for proof. I am sure that PMI will let you know what is needed should they audit your application.

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8520

Michael Yee

Does anyone know whether a printed unofficial transcript would suffice for the attained education requirement for the PMP application audit process? Official transcripts require me to notify my university and pay a fee, so I would much rather use an unofficial transcript, but I (obviously) also want to ensure I pass the audit process.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login