fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Question on PMP application - Both my boss and I moved from Company A to Company B. How do I...

Question on PMP application - Both my boss and I moved from Company A to Company B. How do I... 7 years 6 months ago #8487

• Hari Gopisetty
  • Hari Gopisetty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
For Company A and Company B, the organization details are different but the organization contact (name, phone number, email) will be the same since I had the same boss at both companies. Is it OK to fill out the application in this manner? Is there a better way?

Also, to make matters a little bit complicated, Company A has been acquired after I left, operations consolidated and the department that I used to work in evolved into something else and moved to the parent company's (acquiring company's) headquarters in a different city. Which organization's name, address and phone number should I provide?
Thank you!

Question on PMP application - Both my boss and I moved from Company A to Company B. How do I... 7 years 6 months ago #8495

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hari,

I think the most important thing is that you have a contact listed that can verify your involvement in the project. I don't think it is critical that they are still at the same company or whether the company exists any longer. I think PMI understands that people move and reporting relationships change a lot. I would just provide the current organization that your contact is working for and it is ok if their organization or number is different for different projects. That is the ethical thing to do.

Good luck,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login