fbpx

Reply: Questions about the PMP application - help!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions about the PMP application - help!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8433

Jamshid Meher Hansotia

Mark,
Thanks and understood. I'll change the order of projects from chronological to most significant.

Wow, that would be great! I will take you up on that review offer shortly. I'm almost done with the descriptions.
7 years 6 months ago #8432

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Jam,

What you have looks like it should be fine. Remember that your project descriptions are limited to 535 characters. So, you need to make them count. Keep it simple and concise. Include your role (e.g. Project Manager), project objective and what things you did related to the various process groups. Also, be sure to enter the most important and significant projects first since once you reach the requirement you are not able to enter more. You could go back and delete / replace but that would be a hassle. I would be happy to review your project descriptions if you want to email them to me. I can't guarantee that in doing so your application will be accepted but I'd be happy to take a look. If you haven't completed the descriptions yet then I would enter what you have and make sure you meet the hours requirement. You can then go back into the application and add the descriptions.

Mark
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
7 years 6 months ago #8431

Jamshid Meher Hansotia

Hi Mark, and thanks for your reply.

I am entering 6 projects in the work experience section. For 3, I have hours in each of the areas. For the other 3, as mentioned earlier, I did not participate in project closing as I moved organizations.
All six are tabulated below, would like your opinion if this demonstrates sufficient experience across all areas.

7 years 6 months ago #8422

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Jam,

When I completed my application, I did have one project with 0% in initiating and another with 0% in closing, the latter was only because I left the company before the project ended. I think in general they are probably looking to see that you have had some good overall experience across all the process groups. Have you tried contacting PMI and talk with them about it? Do you really have 0% for all projects in closing? It seems a little odd that you would have all that involvement in all the other aspects of the projects and then just disconnect at the closing phase. You say you were the PM for some projects that you did not see through to completion. I assume that means that there were other projects which you did see through to completion? If so, then you are probably fine. It might be good to give a reason why to were not involved in completing those projects with 0%. Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 6 months ago #8418

Jamshid Meher Hansotia

Hi All!

The PMP application process sure is an interesting task unto itself; I think you can learn a bit just by completing it successfully.

I know that PMP expects to see some experience in each of the 5 domain areas. My question pertains to project experience allocation between the 5 domains for an individual project entry.

I was the PM for a some projects which I did not see through to completion. I moved organizations for a better employment opportunity. In such scenarios, is it okay to have zero project hours allocated to the closing domain? Or does one always have to put in a few hours for closing?

I am putting down my current allocation below. Your feedback and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Project NumInitInit %PlanPlan %ExecExec %ContMonContMon %ClosClos %
1 (1,184 hrs)17615%30025%54446%16414%00%
2 (1,169 hrs)565%33529%64555%13311%00%
3 (652 hrs)16525%24437%6911%17427%00%

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login