fbpx

Reply: reporting to PMI vs reporting to appropriate management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : reporting to PMI vs reporting to appropriate management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8374

Cornelius Fichtner

The way you have phrased it.... I would first initiate a conversation with the person.
7 years 6 months ago #8373

Hazem Ibrahim

Thank you Sir, my understanding to code of ethics is that I should report a case to PMI if I have a clear proof to the case otherwise and the questions I met wasn't state that and then I found the answer is to report to PMI which made me confused. if there no evidence you may advise the claimant to stop or to warn him or to report to the management, or what you think Sir?
7 years 6 months ago #8372

Cornelius Fichtner

Hazem,

Two years ago I attended a presentation on Ethics at the PMI Global Congress. One of the examples that they brought up during the presentation was similar to what you ask: There was a junior project manager who claimed to be a PMP but wasn't. An ethics complaint was raised and during the proceedings the ethics committee saw that the young man really had not quite grasped what he had done. So instead of "making an example" of him, they initiated a conversation and "education" about the PMP certificate. He was very apologetic and the matter was closed amicably with him actually starting his education to obtain the certificate.

But I believe you are asking about a "fictional" PMP sample question and want to know "what is the correct answer to select?". That is hard to say.

This is an ethics question and in order to say if a) personal conversation, b) ethics complaint to PMI, or c) report to management is the correct answer, I would have to see the full and exact question text. Each situation can be phrased differently and so the "correct" answer depends very much on the exact words in this situation.
7 years 6 months ago #8371

Hazem Ibrahim

if one of our colleagues or from teamwork claim that he has PMP certificate while he is not, should report the case to PMI or the management? what if he deny the case while there is no evidence that he claimed it? in such exam questions what is the best approach to the correct answer?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login