fbpx

Reply: Can a Restaurant Manager use his experience for PMP hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can a Restaurant Manager use his experience for PMP hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #8127

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear Sir,
In addition to what Cornelius said, PMI Project description is clear. If you are developing a new product following the project management processes yes you can apply. But in the normal circumstances, restaurant activities is considered as routine job or operations activities because repetitive. It is up to you to identify if you have done can be considered as project. Remember a project is an temporary endeavor to produce a unique product. So unique product or service within a specific time with a budget and resources.

Hope the above helps.

Best regards.
7 years 7 months ago #8126

Cornelius Fichtner

Matthew,

You have to determine this yourself. Please take a look at the PMP Exam Content Outline, which you can find at www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmpoutline . Pages 5-10 describe all the tasks that PMI expects you to have been in charge of as a PM and those tasks are also the basis for the PMP exam.

So if you can honestly say "yes, I was leading and directing MOST of these tasks on my projects" then you are good to go.
7 years 7 months ago #8125

Matthew

's Avatar

So, I have been managing restaurants for 10 years, and with that comes new promotional menus. It seems to me that each promotion would qualify as a project. I was wondering if this would be the case?

Also, has anyone heard of a Restaurant manager obtaining a PMP, and if so how did they fill out the application

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login