fbpx

Reply: 9 years in IT and 1 year as Project Leader, Am I eligible for PMP?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 9 years in IT and 1 year as Project Leader, Am I eligible for PMP?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #8139

Rochelle Martinez

You can also refer to this article: How to Identify your PMP® Certification Eligibility
7 years 7 months ago #8133

Michael Sumaquial, PMP

Hi Sarvesh,

I agree with Mark. PMI has stringent guidelines regarding the amount and type of experience that will qualify you for taking the PMP examination. Also, it is not so much the title of you job, but the kind of work that you did. Good luck and best wishes.

Best,
Michael
7 years 7 months ago #8132

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Sarvesh,

You really need to visit the pmi.org website and review the Project Management Professional (PMP) Handbook carefully to be sure you have the required experience and contact hours to be able to apply and be eligible for PMP certification. The requirements are listed on page 6 of the handbook. Please check it out and then let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mark
7 years 7 months ago #8113

Sarvesh Shete

's Avatar

I have total 9 years of experience in IT industry. Right from software engineer I have reached to Project Leader 'role'. And have been leading a project for 1 year. Can I go for PMP certification? Am I eligible?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login