fbpx

Reply: Do I qualify to to the PMP Exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do I qualify to to the PMP Exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #8095

Adam

's Avatar

Hi Jim and Kevin,

I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out.
I am looking forward to stating this process.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

- Adam

Kevin Nason wrote: Adam

I would do as Jim suggested, I was in a similar situation as you when I started this journey last year. I received an answer just like Jim posted and although this task took some time, it worked for me on my application.

Good Luck to you!

Jim Morriont wrote: Try to correlate your duties to the process groups and process.
- During the execution phase I was responsible fo xxxxx.
- Responsible for coordinating change request between stakeholder and programmers and ensured they met the project guidelines and did not induce scope creep
If you do that for all the task you did you should be ok even if you only had limited exposure to all the groups.
Good luck,
- Jim

7 years 8 months ago #8090

Kevin Nason

Adam

I would do as Jim suggested, I was in a similar situation as you when I started this journey last year. I received an answer just like Jim posted and although this task took some time, it worked for me on my application.

Good Luck to you!

Jim Morriont wrote: Try to correlate your duties to the process groups and process.
- Responsible for coordinating change request between stakeholder and programmers and ensured they met the project guidelines and did not induce scope creep
If you do that for all the task you did you should be ok even if you only had limited exposure to all the groups.
Good luck,
- Jim

7 years 8 months ago #8086

Jim Morriont

's Avatar

Try to correlate your duties to the process groups and process.
Good luck,
- Jim
7 years 8 months ago #8079

Adam

's Avatar

Good day All!

I am interested in furthering my career and would love to add PMP under my belt but I am not sure qualify.

For the past 3 years I have been working for a company that does Human Capital Management (HCM).
My job title within the company is called Configuration Consultant.

Without going to far into it my responsibilities my role is to update the systems structure for existing clients within the platform.

Would updated and implementing new vendors for existing groups count towards the 4500 hours for PMP?

Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login