fbpx

Reply: preparing for PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : preparing for PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #7728

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear Sir,

As far you have been working on a project not necessarily as PM but as team member, your experience is accepted by PMI. As Rahul said you need to have the required time working on different projects across the 5 process groups.

Hope the above helps.

Best regards.
7 years 8 months ago #7727

PMP aspirant

's Avatar

Thanks, What should I put my role as?

Sr. BA or Project Manager? Since the application is about filling PM tasks, should I put Project Manager?
Also, Since I am also a Sr BA, I am only going to claim 25-30 % of my time for PM activities. Does that sound okay or does PMI expect the person to manage projects full time?
7 years 8 months ago #7726

Rahul Kakkar

Hello PMP Aspirant,

As long as you have experience in all five process groups across all your project management experience submitted on the application. However, on a single project, you do not need to have experience in all five process groups. And meet the minimum eligibility as calculated based on the guideline given on page 8 of the PMP handbook; you are eligible!
7 years 8 months ago #7725

PMP aspirant

's Avatar

Hello,
Between 2003 and 2007 I have been and Project lead and A PM. Took a break for 2 years and then worked as a PM from end of 2010 for 17 months. Had to quit my job and the only other job I could find was a BA. I did some level of PM work related to initiation and planning for that 1 year.
Past 2.5 yrs I been with a great company as a Sr BA. But bcause of my PM experience I do a lot of PM related activities in all 5 areas in my department. My current manager can vouch for that. My title is Sr. BA. But role is much more. Do you think I am eligible to write the PMp exam?
7 years 8 months ago #7722

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear Pankaj,

Here is the right place for you. Cornelius is one of the best instructor and Dan a great coach. There is also a very good package in term of study materials. Please drop an email to Dan This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for an assessment of your study level and then he will provide you with the appropriate steps for your success.

Best regards
7 years 8 months ago #7721

pankaj

's Avatar

Can some one help me preparing well for PMP exam......As I unsuccessfully appeared the exam once and don't want to take any chance next time.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login