fbpx

Reply: Does schedule compression need a CR?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Does schedule compression need a CR?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 9 months ago #7737

PMPaspirant

's Avatar

Yes. Any modification to a baseline document (In this case project schedule network diagram) needs to go through a CR, The Change management plan will dictate whether PM can approve CR or has to go to CCB
7 years 9 months ago #7735

PM aspirant

's Avatar

If a corrective action is being implemented, it has to go through CR process. THe corrective action has to be evaluated against all constraints, not just the schedule. This is done in the integrated change control process and that requires a CR>
7 years 9 months ago #7699

Rohit Chaurasia

This question came up in my online study group where I was trying to explain how the changes in a project should be handled. Here's the scenario presented to me and the question:

Say a project has deviated from schedule baseline and the deviation is big enough to warrant a corrective action (as defined in the Schedule Management Plan). The PM has found some discretionary dependencies on the Critical Path, which he is able to remove and decides to use Fast Tracking as the corrective action to bring the schedule back within threshold. Now, will this corrective action (Fast Tracking) be implemented though a CR? Schedule Compression is a Technique used in Control Schedule, and I don't think such an action should require a CR, but I don't know for sure. Can someone confirm my understanding or, correct me with explanation?

Thank you,
~Rohit

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login