Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Quality Assurance vs Quality Control

Quality Assurance vs Quality Control 5 months 1 week ago #7624

• Yerikzhan Torekhanov
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am getting a bit confused as to what is Quality Assurance vs Quality Control. To me, the difference is such a blury line. If you were to explain the difference to a 10 years old in under three sentences - what would you tell?

Quality Assurance vs Quality Control 5 months 1 week ago #7626

• Michael DeCicco
  • Thank you received: 28
When you make toy in a factory #1, if you inspect it for failures after it is produced, you are performing quality control. When you make a toy in factory #2, if you give the employees a checklist of instructions to follow during the production process to prevent failure, then you are performing quality assurance.
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator

Quality Assurance vs Quality Control 5 months 1 week ago #7627

• Jeremy Papp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
This helps me remember as well:
Assurance -> We're taking steps to assure we are preventing problems.
Control -> We're taking steps to fix issues to bring quality back under control.

Quality Assurance vs Quality Control 5 months 5 days ago #7656

• Yerikzhan Torekhanov
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks gentlemen, that was helpful
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®