fbpx

Reply: Questions regarding PMI applications

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions regarding PMI applications

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 10 months ago #7463

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Parth,

1. No it's not required in all your projects, however each process group should be covered at least once in your total experience. As stated on page 6 of the PMI handbook - "You should have experience in all five process groups across all your project management experience submitted on the application. However, on a single project, you do not need to have experience in all five process groups."

2. Depends. A project has the following characteristics:
  1. A project is time limited (it has a definite beginning and an end)
  2. A project is unique
  3. A project is undertake for a purpose (it will yield a specific product, service or result)
If you think each of those phases matches all the criteria given above, then you can classify each of those phases as a separate project. Otherwise you can club it as a single project and provide the appropriate description.

Hope this helps.
7 years 10 months ago #7461

Parth Joshi

's Avatar

I have few questions regarding the PMI application:

1. Do I need to have experience under all 5 process groups in all of my projects?
2. Previously, I worked on a long term project which was done in phases. There was couple of month of gaps between the two phases. Should I mention it as a single project but then there is no way of mentioning the phases and specifying that there was a gap in between phases or should i split the project into phases and mention those separately.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login