fbpx

Reply: PDU - Expired and Exam Expiry

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PDU - Expired and Exam Expiry

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 4 days ago #7190

Rahul Kakkar

Sanju Rajan wrote: Hi,

I had completed my PMI application process on July 2015 and had got through it. During the application my contact hour certificate which was issued on 10th December 2014 was used.

By July 2016, 31st my PMI application would expire.

I would like to know is the PDU still valid, should I be taking another contact hour certificate before taking the exam. I am thinking of taking the exam before 31st of July, by July mid, I would like to know if I dont get through the exam, my 1 year would expire and what is the next option to take the exam again.

Regards,
Sanju Rajan

Hi Sanju,

If I've understood correctly, the PDU you mention would come into effect only once you've cleared the PMP exam. Regarding the contact hour certificate, there is no need to re-take another one as your application has been cleared and is valid for you to take the exam anytime before the one year expiry date, that is before 31st July 2016.

While I would strongly suggest you don't worry about the second attempt :), however in the unfortunate event that you need to re-take the exam and your one year eligibility is over, as stated by the PMI handbook - "During the eligibility period, you may take the examination up to three times because candidates do not always pass the examination on their first attempt. Gauge your time carefully to leave enough time during the eligibility period to retake the examination, if needed. If your eligibility period expires without you passing the examination, you must reapply for the credential."

Hope this helps.
8 years 4 days ago #7189

Michael DeCicco

Sanju, according to your information, you have valid education credits because your application is still valid.
I think you should schedule the test and take it before 31 July.
8 years 4 days ago #7188

Sanju Rajan

Hi,

I had completed my PMI application process on July 2015 and had got through it. During the application my contact hour certificate which was issued on 10th December 2014 was used.

By July 2016, 31st my PMI application would expire.

I would like to know is the PDU still valid, should I be taking another contact hour certificate before taking the exam. I am thinking of taking the exam before 31st of July, by July mid, I would like to know if I dont get through the exam, my 1 year would expire and what is the next option to take the exam again.

Regards,
Sanju Rajan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login