fbpx

Reply: Are all video lessons on pm prepcast important for exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Are all video lessons on pm prepcast important for exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 weeks ago #7120

C. George Morris PMP CSM ITIL

Niti:

I just completed my PMP certification this month and I agree that you should listen/read all the videos/references/material to gain more broad insight and perspective. After missing some questions in practice exams, I paid more attention to all the additional videos, glossaries, external references and any other term or principle that I had not necessarily paid attention to outside of the process groups and knowledge areas. Moderators and other contributors always gave me excellent advice.

All in all, I believe that the more comprehensive the approach, the more comprehensive the understanding and likelihood of success.

Good luck with your studies.
8 years 2 weeks ago #7119

Chris Preziotti

Hi Niti,

I had the exact same question as I prepared for my PMP exam: "Do I really need to watch ALL the videos?" -- I'll simply tell you this: all of the videos help you pass the test. In particular, I found it immensely beneficial to listen to the Interviews from Successful Exam Takers -- give a couple a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the questions,
Chris
8 years 3 weeks ago #7105

Scott Gillard

Yes very much so. What makes this exam unique compared to other technical exams is that it's not just pure memorization from a book. How to read the questions and understand what's really being asked, how to approach answering them and really comprehending the concepts is what will make you successful. The additional content provided helps bridge the gap between text and reality. While Cornelius responding to this could be conceived as biased (as he's the instructor), I thought I'd add my two cents in as an outsider. I get no money from this site. It was purely the fact that this course (in its entirety) helped my own success with getting my PMP that I contribute here. That being said, the well rounded topics both from the PMBOK and in addition to it, make it worth watching all the included videos.
8 years 3 weeks ago #7085

Cornelius Fichtner

Niti,

Yes they are important or we would not have them... ;)

Only about 75% of the PMP exam questions are based on the PMBOK Guide. The rest of the content is based on other resources and other best practices. This is the information that the other videos cover. I recommend watching them.
8 years 3 weeks ago #7081

Niti

's Avatar

Hello Experts
Soon , I am going to take my PMP exam.I used pm prepcast for the preparation.I found it really useful.
I have watched all the videos dedicated to knowledge areas (i.e Lesson 1 to 13 including new topics added).Bu I couldn't watch the topics like Applied concepts, Expert interviews,interviews with successful exam takers.Are these topics important from examination point of view.
Please suggest as I have left with the little time for preparation.
Thanks & Regards,
Niti

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login