fbpx

Reply: Best Method for using the Exam Simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Best Method for using the Exam Simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 weeks ago #7112

Jon Arbin

Thank you. I did the Pre-couorse self-assessment and got only half the questions correct. Clearly, I need to do a lot of studying :) I've signed up for a coaching session tonight with Dan Ryan.
8 years 1 month ago #7028

Ahmed Amin

Good Luck Jon.
adding to the above, I would recommend that you take the 110 questions Pre-Course Self-Assessment before you start watching the video. this will provide you with the baseline of your PMP knowledge and will help you plan your study better.
8 years 1 month ago #7024

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Dear Jon,

Welcome to the precast community. Rahul has painted the strategy to use during the journey. I will just add that you add Rita Macaulay Book which presents situational scenario and questions.

Good preparation and let us know any time you the community's help.

Best regards
Lazard
8 years 1 month ago #7022

Jon Arbin

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the feedback. Have a great day.
8 years 1 month ago #7021

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Jon!

Welcome to the journey and enjoy the ride :). The recommended way would be to view the videos and be done with your preparations before utilising the PM PrepCast Exam simulator to test yourself under simulated "real conditions". This way you'd have a better measure of your readiness for the actual exam and would be able to identify areas you may need to re-visit to understand better. What I did during my preparation, for each lesson, I first watched the PrepCast training video, then referred the PMBOK and other material on the same chapter and solved the questions related to that chapter. Took me two months to prepare for all the modules this way, due to my work schedule. In the final third month is when I spent the time to only take tests and exams such as the PrepCast Exam simulator to evaluate myself as to my readiness for the actual exam as well as to be able to identify areas which I might have to re-visit if there was a pattern of scoring low on questions from that module. Therefore I feel that leaving the PrepCast Exam simulator for the end (after all your preparation is done) is the recommended way going forward.

Hope this helps.
8 years 1 month ago #7020

Jon Arbin

Hello, I just purchased the PM PrepCast video training for PMP. Since I'm new at this, I was wondering what is the best method for using the PM PrepCast Exam simulator. Should I do the videos first and then take tests? Just wondering the best method for learning from those who have been successful PM's and have passed the test. I appreciate your comments and look forward to my PMP journey.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login